Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Bigfoot documentary on Nat Geo


Photo credit: ©National Geographic

On Sunday, January 24, 2010, there will be a new television series on the National Geographic channel at 8pm est/7pm cst. This series is titled American Paranormal and the first episode is about Bigfoot.


Above is the commercial shown on the National Geographic channel.

Here is the episode description:
Sasquatch. The Wild Man. Bigfoot. Believers in the massive creature claim he's half man, half primate and roams the Pacific Northwest. Join a team of experts as they use advanced scientific analysis to investigate the phenomenon to reveal what's science, and what's science fiction. Follow along as we break down one of the most controversial pieces of evidence... a 40-year-old film that many believe is actual video of the apelike being.


Following this episode is another show from the series about Ghosts at 9pm est/8pm cst.

Philadelphia's Eastern State Penitentiary is said to be the one of the most haunted places in America. Since its closing in 1971, many have reported hearing eerie voices, weeping and tormented screams, while others have seen shadows dart in and out of cells. Investigators use the latest technology to search for paranormal activity. Motion sensors are rigged, night-vision and infrared cameras positioned, acoustic triangulation systems set up, and 3-D laser scanners offer a rare view inside.


I was also able to find a post on the Bigfoot Forums from Bill with some inside information on the Bigfoot episode of the show. His post can be read below.

As I say, I haven't seen the full program edit, so I don't know exactly how it all came together, but segments i am in (or aware of) are:

1. They filmed me scanning Patricia's archive copy

2. They filmed at the Jim Henson Creature shop with a man named Peter King, I believe, talking about ape suits, and then a sort of informal "roundtable" chat between Peter, myself, and John Chriswell (the shop's mechanical supervisor) and the three of us casually talking about our perceptions of the film.

3. They filmed me at their own Base prod. screening room at a computer workstation doing analysis of anatomy, hair patterns, and some comparative anatomy.

4. They have some of my image stabilization tests.

5. They had a CGI unit of theirs do some scene visualizations and the like, but I don't know exactly what that resulted in. I supplied files for reference, but never saw what they actually developed.

6. They went to a location they believe is Bluff Creek, but I was not there (they went straight from Yakima to that site, while i was on my trip home from the film scan effort.) I've seen stills but I personally can't be certain they were at the true site. Guess we'll all have to wait and see the program to know if they did find it.

That's as much as i can describe about show content.

Bill


I was also able to find a teaser video on the UK website. I haven't seen this one yet on other blog posts that I have read. It can be seen below.



Here are the two original videos as well.



No comments :

Post a Comment